Your diving certification begins here. This entry-level commercial diving qualification allows you to undertake commercial scuba diving operations to a maximum of 30 metres.
This diving course takes 4 weeks and runs directly before Part 2, so you can complete the combined course if you wish. Tasks include:
- Search techniques
- Simple hand tool use
- Surveys – visual and video
- Full face masks with voice communications
- Reserve air systems
- Emergency rescue techniques
- Nil visibility diving.
Take the first step towards a successful career in diving today.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Swim 200m unassisted
- Hold a recreational dive ticket (e.g. PADI)
- Have evidence of 10 dives, minimum of 5 hours (post recreational training)
- Hold a first aid qualification – from St Johns, Red Cross, etc. including Oxygen provision (or Advanced Resuscitation)
- Complete a commercial divers medical (for a list of Hyperbaric doctors see spums.org.au/diving-doctors)
- Have a Unique Student Identifier number (USI). You can create this at usi.gov.au
Please bring all your original entry requirement paperwork to Day One of your course, including your USI number.
- Email email@example.com or phone us for further information and enrolment details.
- You have secured your place on your selected course once we’ve received your enrolment form and deposit. We’ll send you a confirmation of receipt and an electronic copy of our handbook. This gives you all the information about the course, accommodation, what is expected of you and what you need to bring. We recommend you print it off and bring it with you to your first class.
- You don’t need to have all your entry requirements upon enrolment. However, it’s up to you to make sure you’ve met all these requirements before starting your course.
- April 2019
- October 2019 (all dates followed by ADAS Part 2)
$7,000 (Combine with a concurrent Part 2 for a total of $12,000 and save $2,000).