Diver Medical Technician
Offshore or Onshore DMT
Interested in Diver Medical Technician training?
Fill in this form and we’ll get back to you with all the details.
A Must for Your Resume.
There are one to two Diver Medical Technicians (DMTs) on every dive team, so this course is an important adjunct to your commercial diving training.
DMT is a hyperbaric advanced first aid qualification with paramedical skills. You’ll gain proficiency in resuscitation and insertion of LMA’s and be able to manage diving and general injuries/illness until transfer to a suitable medical facility is available.
Course duration is 10 days or 5 days for a refresher course. Your DMT training must be renewed every 2 years.
Our DMT course has an equal mix of theory and practice. All paramedical skills are taught on simulators so you can practice as much as you like. Our courses have a minimum of 2 students and a maximum of 6 to give you ample ‘practical’ time.
- Review of basic anatomy and physiology
- Enhanced first aid and basic life support skills
- Advanced airway management concentrating on LMA and I-Gel’s
- Vital signs and neurological observations
- Patient assessment and reporting
- Intravenous therapy and intraosseous infusion
- Injection techniques
- Needle thoracostomy
- Urinary catheterisation
- Hyperbaric treatment protocols
- Medical terminology and communication with medical authorities.
What you’ll need to enrol:
- ADAS dive qualification
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
- Current Advanced resuscitation certificate (HLTAID007)
- Current commercial dive medical
The enrolment process.
- Click here to contact us via email or here to phone us for further information and enrolment details.
- You have secured your place on your selected course once we’ve received your enrolment form and deposit.
- We’ll send you a confirmation of receipt and an electronic copy of our handbook. This gives you all the information about the course, accommodation, what is expected of you and what you need to bring. We recommend you print it off and bring it with you to your first class.
Units of Competency.
Undertake assessment and emergency care during rescue and recovery of diving casualty
Administer oxygen in hyperbaric chambers and in general emergencies
Assist as an attendant inside a hyperbaric chamber
As a diver medic assist with general medical emergencies within the dive team
As a diver medic prepare for potential emergencies and assist with treatment of diving illnesses
Assess diving casualty and assist with treatment of diving conditions
Work safely in hyperbaric operations
Maintain effective working relationships within dive or hyperbaric operations team
Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
Contribute to health and safety of self and others
Work safely in offshore diving operations
Undertake extended out-of-hospital care of a diving casualty
Apply first aid within a chamber and bell
plus ADAS fees
DURATION: 2 weeks
- TBA 2020
ENROLMENT FOR NEXT COURSE CLOSES IN:
plus ADAS fees
DURATION: 5 days
- Currently postponed Please contact UTCSA
Save with friends!
For a cheaper refresher course – ‘bring a friend’ to receive a discount for both of you. Please contact us directly to discuss your needs.